What should you know before you rent a storage unit? At Easy Storage Rockingham we have put together a helpful list that may assist you in making the best decisions for your personal storage needs. When it comes to renting a storage unit, we will have all the answers you are looking for and work out a great deal for you too – So come down to our storage facility here in Rockingham and we will help you!
- You don’t need to rent more storage space than is necessary. If you are unsure about how much space you need, our helpful, experience staff can give you very good advice.
- At Easy storage Rockingham we have many different size units available, from small lockers to storage units the size of a warehouse! There are also secure outdoor spaces for cars, caravans and boats. Our staff will be more than happy to help you with this and explain the sizes that you may need.
- Packing and organising the things in your storage unit well can help you utilise the space vertically and you can end up needing a smaller unit than you may think.
- And if on move in day, you decide your space is too large (or too small), at Easy Storage Rockingham you can upgrade or downgrade on the same day, depending on storage unit availability.
- When organising your unit, plan carefully. You want to have easy access to some of your things, which you need to store at the front of your unit.
- Also make sure you label your boxes well to help you easily find what you are looking for while your things are in storage.
- Don’t forget to bring a padlock for your storage unit – and if you do, we sell high quality padlocks in our Easy Storage box shop for your convenience.
Protect your belongings
- Packing your belongings properly will ensure you have peace of mind.
- It is recommended to use industry standard boxes. This will enable you to stack them easily, creating more space in the unit for larger items such as tables and white goods.
- Easy Storage Rockingham has a box shop which sells packing materials (bubble wrap, packing paper and boxes) to help protect your goods.
- You can also use towels, linen and clothes which you are storing and pack your valuables in these to help protect them.
- Need sturdy, quality boxes? Buy online or come into our box shop today!
- Easy Storage Rockingham also sells second hand boxes. The sizes vary from day to day, so please call us today on 1800 655 922 and ask about it!
What about Insurance?
- At Easy Storage Rockingham we have excellent security to protect your belongings while in storage. Our storage facility is well lit at night and we have monitored surveillance cameras onsite. Gates are only accessible with each customer’s unique access code and all our storage units are individually alarmed.
- Still, in the unlikely event that something may happen to your belongings while in your storage unit, Easy Storage Rockingham can offer you comprehensive insurance cover at a small monthly premium on top of your storage unit rental fees.
- You can also contact your existing insurer and inform them of your plans to keep some or all of your belongings in storage, which they should then cover under your policy for the duration of your storage contract.
- Please remember, we are legally not able to provide vehicle insurance at Easy Storage, so ensure your vehicle’s current insurance policy is updated with our address for the duration of your vehicle storage.
- This will give you peace of mind.
Know what, where and how you’re going to store
- Make sure you know what you want to keep, what to throw out and what to store. We have helpful blogs with all sorts of organising tips on our website.
- At Easy Storage Rockingham we will help you select the best storage space for you.
- We can advise you on how to pack your boxes all the way to the ceiling, making maximum use of your storage space, so you only pay for the smallest unit you need.