- Here at Easy Storage Rockingham we frequently get asked how many boxes people will need when they move house.
- And although this will differ from household to household, we can help you get an idea of how many you may need.
- This will assist you in planning in advance and make your move go more smoothly.
- Before starting to pack up all your belongings, we suggest that you have enough boxes on hand for the job, or at least enough to make a good start to your packing project.
- To make things easier, you can use an online calculator. You can measure and calculate the floor area of each bedroom and count the belongings in each.
- If you have more people aged 12 and older living in your house, you will most likely need more boxes than the same sizes house with only little kids.
- It will also make a difference if you are a hoarder or if you are a minimalist. Clearly the latter will need less boxes than the former.
Transport for your move
- Your choice in boxes and packing material will vary depending on how you will be transporting your goods to your new place.
- If you are moving overseas or interstate, industry standard boxes may be a requirement for ease of packing and moving, and to ensure safe arrival of your goods. You can easily buy industry standard boxes online on our website.
- If you are moving locally, you may choose to use new and second hand boxes. Easy Storage Rockingham has the largest local box showroom where you can buy second hand boxes and all the packing material you will need. Second hand box sizes and quantity differs from day to day, so please come in and see us or call us toll free on 1800 655 922. We will be happy to help you!
- We also have enclosed furniture trailers available for hire and you will be pleasantly surprised with the price, even cheaper than a moving van!
Your box and packing material needs all vary depending on how far you’re moving and how much you’ve accumulated over the years.
Here is a small guide to help you decide on the number of boxes you’ll need for your move.
- 7-10 Small Boxes
- 20-25 Medium Boxes
- 10-15 Large Boxes
- 15-20 Kitchen Boxes
- 2-4 Wardrobe Boxes
- 15 Small Boxes
- 35-40 Medium Boxes
- 25-35 Large Boxes
- 20-25 Kitchen Boxes
- 4-8 Wardrobe Boxes