Have a look around your home. Can you benefit from decluttering or re-organising? Maybe you have been thinking about this many times but think it is too much effort? All you need are a few good pointers to create a better living space in your home! Here are a few:
- Decluttering is linked to less anxiety – there is a healthy reason to get started!
- Choose one room or space at a time – you do not need to do everything at once. Several smaller projects will make you feel less overwhelmed than a large scale one. And the feeling of satisfaction will be multiplied each time you complete a small organising project.
- Choose furniture for an area or room that maximise the use of the available space. Finding small ways to create unexpected storage space, even hidden storage, will add valuable decluttering to your project.
- You do not need to spend lots of $$ to benefit from re-organising. For every expensive storage product on the market, you are likely to find a similar low cost or no cost version involving creative DIY ideas. Get creative!
- You can find regular helpful hints on organising and storage on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EasyStorageRockingham/
- Any long forgotten “treasures” you find while you are decluttering, has to be strictly evaluated before you decide to keep it. Remember, the idea is to REDUCE the clutter, not add to it.
- You can donate any useful items; you do not have to throw it away! BUT – just because it is useful, doesn’t mean you have to keep it. If you haven’t used it in the last year, chances are very good you will not use it. Give it to someone who will.
- For other helpful information on storage & organising – read our regular blogs here: https://easystorage.com.au/blog